Care and Maintenance - Gemstones
- Elastic cords eventually lose their elasticity over time, but to keep them in good shape for as long as possible, keep them out of prolonged water. Take your bracelets off to shower, swim, or wash dishes. The cords dislike hot and cold water equally.
- Clean stones by rubbing with a soft damp cloth. Do not use soaps or detergents to cleanse the gemstones.
- The stones are said to absorb negative energy, so it's a good idea to recharge them regularly. Two easy-peasy ways to recharge them are below. There are several other ways, but I like these two best.
- Smudge them. This is a very old practice of ridding the stones of the negative energy they've absorbed and restoring them to their highest potential. Get yourself some white sage, a safe dish, and some fresh air. There are a bazillion YouTube videos out there on how to smudge. But in a nutshell, light the sage, let it burn out, say some wonderfully positive and grateful words of respect and intention that make your heart feel good, and hold your bracelets in the smoke for about 30 seconds. Keep your window open, and ask Mother Earth to take care of all that negativity that you're releasing. And also, you get the added benefit of smelling white sage.
- Place your bracelets on the windowsill overnight. Some gems like the moonlight, some like the sunlight. So, leave them overnight in the moonlight and allow some early morning sun to charge them as well. Be mindful not to leave your bracelets too long in the sun though .. too much direct sunlight can damage precious stones.
At any time, let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!